Friday, February 22, 2008

Thoughts while shopping…

Today was payday so my wife and I went shopping. It was funny pointing out all the stuff I’d used to buy and saying, “If I were fat John I’d be buying this or that tonight.” or “Remember when I would have bought this.” It’s amazing to me how after following the WW program for a mere 9 months that most of my old favorite things don’t even look appetizing. I look at food now as more of a fuel than food. Don’t get me wrong, I still like good tasting food and haven’t become a “Food Nazi” altogether. But I know and accept the fact that there are just some foods I will never eat again, more on that at a later date. Suffice it to say that it was an interesting evening shopping through Costco and another grocery store in my area and reflecting on the changes that have occurred in my mind concerning food.

No comments: