Monday, February 4, 2013
This summer I plan on running the Wasatch Ragnar for my third year, my first ultra- the Speedgoat 50k, and the Pocatello Marathon once again. Gotta say I'm stoked about the Speedgoat. It's labeled as the "toughest 50k in the US, so I thought, "Why not?"
I spent from January 1st to February 3rd running two miles a day with a group of people online from around the country and Africa. What a great group of people, "Go Streakers!" That was interesting as I've been battling a bout of plantar fasciitis. I'm excited to take a week off from running and just lift and cycle, giving my foot a rest.
Stay running my friends.
Monday, February 28, 2011
Monday, February 21, 2011
Weighed myself today as today is weigh in day and I lost about 4lbs again. I broke under the 300lb category and can't wait to get leaner. Next stop 290lbs and lower...
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Monday, June 30, 2008
New Potato Salad (Courtesy NHLBI)
16 small new potatoes (5 cups)
2 Tbsp olive oil
¼ cup green onions, chopped
¼ tsp black pepper
1 tsp dill weed, dried
Thoroughly clean potatoes with vegetable brush and water. Boil potatoes for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool potatoes for 20 minutes. Cut potatoes into quarters and mix with olive oil, onions, and spices. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yields 5 one-cup servings
Calories: 196 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 17mg Protein: 4g Carbohydrates: 34g Fiber: 4g
4 points per serving
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Well, one year later my journey continues. As of this last Monday when I weighed in, I weighed 209.8lbs. I am loving this journey!!! I feel more in control of my life then I ever have before and simply just feel good.
I hit my weight goal of 225lbs on February 25th, 2008 and became a Lifetime Weight Watcher member six weeks later. I have interviewed and been hired by Weight Watchers to be a leader and am excited to help others with their weight loss journeys.
I've done nothing more than follow the plan, sticking to my points, and exercising. I just walk and lift light weights. Nothing special, but yet quite effective.
Well, one year down and an eternity to go! I'm in this for the long haul. Here goes life!
Thursday, May 29, 2008
I’ve been asked by several people in my class to list some of the things I buy at Costco and their points values, since I get most of my food from there. I buy the following on a pretty regular basis.
- Kirkland Signature Roast Beef (canned)—only 4 points for the entire can
- Kirkland Signature Chicken (canned)—six points for the entire can
- Montana Wheat Bread—all the varieties that Costco carries are 1 point a slice and they are nice, big slices. I prefer the Oat and Honey variety.
- Orville Redenbacher Smart Pop 94% fat-free popcorn—only 2 points for an entire popped bag
- Laughing Cow Lite Cheese Wedges—1 point for a wedge
- Jarlsberger Lite Swiss Cheese slices—1 point a slice
- Foster Farms Deli Style Smoked Turkey and Roasted Turkey slices—1 point a slice and they’re nice, big slices
- Healthy Choice Fudge Bars—1 point apiece
- Skinny Cow Vanilla and Chocolate Ice Cream sandwiches—1 point apiece
- Fiber One Oat and Chocolate Chewy Bars—2 points a bar
- Zone Bars, Chocolate Peanut Butter and Fudge Graham—4 points a bar
—5 points apiece Cliff Bars
- Morton’s Steakhouse Tri-Tip—according to packaging 1 point an ounce, love to grill this up
- Rader Farms Mixed Berries (frozen)—1point per cup
- Fruit Spectrum Frozen Fruit Blend—1 point per cup
- Cheerios—2 points per cup
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Crystal Light Lemonade Drink Mix—1 point per half gallon
- Boca Burgers—1 point per patty
- Foster Farms Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts—according to the package, 2 points per breast