Friday, April 25, 2008

Awesome Chili

Lost another pound this last week, bringing my total weight loss to 184 lbs. I am now at 209.6 lbs. I was a little shocked. I really don't want to lose much more weight. I did fill out my application to become a Weight Watcher leader and am excited to interview for it.

Today's recipe is for Awesome Chili. It is an extremely simple recipe and takes minutes to make. As I make it the total points is 15 for 5 cups of chili, or 3 points a cup. If you like you can omit the meat and bring the total points value down to 11. You can also add whatever else you like to it, like onions, etc.

I use the following ingredients:
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 can kidney beans
  • 1 can stewed tomatoes (I like using the Italian stewed tomatoes)
  • 1 can Kirkland Signature Roast Beef
  • Taco Seasoning
  • chopped onion


I drain the corn and kidney beans and put them in a sauce pan, then add the can of stewed tomatoes, the roast beef and onion. If it looks too thick, simply add water or if you like it thicker leave it as is. I then add taco seasoning to taste, as mentioned you could also add peppers, etc. Then all you have to do is turn your burner to medium and heat and stir it occasionally. I usually cook it over medium heat for 5-10 minutes and then turn the burner to low and let it simmer for awhile. You could also prepare this in larger quantities in a crock pot.


To serve I like to add fat-free sour cream or you could sprinkle lightly with a low fat shredded cheese of your choice, and "BAM" you've got awesome chili, without the guilt! Enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I make chili similar to that recipe and I love it cause its soooo easy and healthy. I love just adding a taco seasoning packet for the seasoning.